It’s funny that today I actually thought to myself, what if I can’t come up with 10 things to be grateful for today? Then I realized, what a ridiculous thought….there are always at least 10 things to be grateful for, ALWAYS! Sometimes I have a day where I feel like wallowing in my sorrows and I don’t feel like being grateful. That’s why being forced to do this is so good for me. Tell me what you’re grateful for when you’re done reading!
1. Organic Essential Oils! I love my oils….I clean with them ( baking soda mixed with lavender oil is way better than comet) I cook with them, I put them on my body, you name it! I have favorites that I use a LOT, lavender, peppermint, clove and tea tree are my top 4 but the options are endless. If you use oils, will you please share your faves with me? Tell me what you use and how. I’m always looking for new ideas. I love, love, yummy scented, all natural stuff! I found this perfect little starter set, or a great Christmas gift that’s super affordable, good stocking stuffer for the organic girl in your life 🙂
2.Organic Teas! I love a good cup of tea….in fact, I’ve really been trying to get more and more into the habit of having a cup of healing herbal tea at night, instead of wine 🙂 My Mom contacted me last week after she found THIS INCREDIBLE website for this awesome company up in Northern Michigan, my beautiful birthplace 🙂 I am on a mission to get some of these teas into my clinic! How awesome would that be?? I can’t WAIT!
3. The health of my children. I am so grateful for how healthy and strong all 3 of my girls are. They have no issues, need no meds, they only go to the Doctor because the school REQUIRES it. Do you ever think about that? The fact that the Government now dictates when we go to the Doctor? Talk about NOT being a free country. Anyway….my girls rarely get sick, they hair and skin are so healthy and shiny, they eat such healthy food. They don’t make a face when they eat green veggies, they actually love them, they have only been to a fast food place a handful of times in their lives and they can actually talk and carry on conversations with grown ups, they don’t even have an iPad. I know that’s not the best thing for their development but I LOVE that my kids are so REAL.
4. My coolio glass water bottle! Silly to put a water bottle on my gratitude list I know but it’s SO AWESOME! It’s a bkr bottle and if you click on the link, it’s shows you all the available colors too, love this product! I’m grateful for it because it’s not plastic. I am such an anti plastic girl and becoming more so all the time. This funky little thing is so pretty, so cool and so healthy 🙂
5. My mechanic! Do you live in the Safety Harbor area?? If you ever need a good car guy, Mike at Supreme Auto Care is the best. He’s got a gorgeous new location in SH and his number there is 727-797-5552, if you call, Brenda will answer and she’s the BEST! He is going to help me drive my Honda Odyssey, 8 yrs old, 130,000 miles and make it so that I can drive this thing for at least 3 more years! I can’t do a car payment, so I have to make it last. Hey! That reminds me! Check out number 6…..
6. I’m grateful that I have a free car! I have no car payment and I want to keep it that way for as long as I can. We are such a consumer driven society, we are obsessed with having everything new and clean and perfect. I’m thinking that someday, I want to retire and I have got to keep my cost of living low, so that I can save SOMETHING. I feel like no one in my generation is saving or preparing for retirement. Well, you all can go ahead and spend away….I’m going to drive my old mini van for as long as I can, or at least until I make more money and can afford another car 🙂
7. Grateful that I have a busy night tonight in Safety Harbor! My clinic has been slowing down and October was really slow. I needed the slow time to regroup and reorganize but now I am ready to be busy! Here’s to a great night tonight at work and hopefully the whole week is going to pick up 🙂
8. My friend Andrea. She is truly amazing. One of those people that you just want to call when you need advice, she’s the best listener, never makes you feel bad about anything, she’s so supportive and uplifting. I think that part of what makes her so amazing, aside from that she is just Andrea, is that she has lived through a lot. She’s experienced a significant amount of life events and lived to tell about it. Those tough times make people more compassionate, more empathetic. I’m so grateful to have her in my life, not sure that I could have made it through the past 2 years without her.
9. Honey Crisp Apples…..enough said
10. Community….this weekend, I am heading down to Sarasota to meet up with some friends, others who do Acupuncture. I also have a dear old friend from Chicago, by way of Grand Rapids, coming down to visit, so it will be a weekend of connecting with great people and feeling that sense of community that we all need to feel once in a while to keep us grounded.
Wow, see that feels so good. It lifted my mood and made me feel motivated to take on the day! Have a great week and keep your eye out for some great posts coming at you this week about Acupuncture. Also, tomorrow is an update on my Use what you have Challenge and how the week went for us!